UNICEF has valuated Iran’s healthcare system as first-rate. It is one of the countries that have made huge technological and scientific advances in the field of medicine. Therefore, the quality provided by health centers and hospitals is outstanding. This, combined with the fact that Iran’s currency has been under pressure during the past years and hospitalization and treatment are not as costly as other countries, have turned the country to an ideal location for medical services.
In a nutshell, high quality and cost-effective healthcare are two compelling reasons for the thriving of health tourism in iran.
Medical Tourism Associations in Iran
At the time being, a choice of specialists and experts have teamed up with private and public clinics and hospitals. For this reason, there are numerous prestigious healthcare providers for medical tourists that offer treatments and beyond. One success story is undoubtedly CarefulTrip. They not only arrange and provide all the stages of an effective treatment for travelers, but also offer other facilities and services for well-being, transportation, and comfort of the patients and their companions.
This professional team includes proficient specialists and doctors who value the patients’ health and well-being above anything else. Following the modern standard methods and making the most of front-line medical technology, they offer a wide range of procedures from infertility treatment to different types of plastic surgery.
Rhinoplasty in iran
More than 80,000 rhinoplasties are performed annually in Iran, which is seven times more than the number of rhinoplasties in the United States. The high success rate of rhinoplasty in Iran is due to various factors such as the improvement of surgical techniques, competitive prices, and finally, skilled physicians. The cost of a nose job in Iran is usually lower than in other countries, while the level of satisfaction is higher.
What is rhinoplasty?
From an aesthetic point of view, nose job surgery, known medically as rhinoplasty, changes the shape and size of the nose, adjusting its angle to the features of the face and lips. It also corrects other problems such as bulging and asymmetry and other nasal defects.
People who suffer from respiratory problems due to air blockage in the nasal cartilage also prefer to have rhinoplasty to improve their condition.
In general, rhinoplasty is divided into two main groups: primary and secondary (or reconstructive) surgery. The following is a summary of each:
Primary rhinoplasty means that the patient is undergoing rhinoplasty for the first time. The purpose of rhinoplasty can be one of the following:
- Correction of the shape of the nose
- Repair the asymmetrical structure of the nose or crooked nose
- Deformation of small or very large nostrils to fit the face
- Treatment of respiratory problems caused by cartilage or tissue
Rhinoplasty takes about two hours and is performed under general anesthesia.
Secondary operation of rhinoplasty
Secondary rhinoplasty corrects the results of previous rhinoplasty(s). It is strongly recommended that for secondary or reconstructive surgery, at least one year has elapsed since the initial rhinoplasty, as it takes at least a year for the tissue wound to heal and the rhinitis to sleep. Cartilage must be added or removed during the operation.
Prior to surgery, cartilage strength, bone and skin strength are checked, and since cartilage is usually always needed, the amount of cartilage present is also assessed by the surgeon. The surgeon uses a 3D imaging program to show you what your nose will look like after surgery. The whole surgery may take up to 4 hours and is performed under general anesthesia.
Rhinoplasty procedures in Iran
The two main techniques for rhinoplasty are open method and closed method. Both operations are performed under general anesthesia, and you may need to stay in the hospital overnight.
In the open procedure, the surgeon makes incisions through the nostrils, and then separates the skin of the nose from the back cover of the bones and cartilage so that he can see the entire structure of the nose. The open method is mainly used in secondary or reconstructive rhinoplasty.
In the closed method, the surgeon makes incisions in the coccyx, which is the vertical tissue that separates the nostrils, and changes the nose as desired. One of the advantages of the closed method is that there will be no visible wounds after the operation.
Advantages of closed nose job surgery
Closed nose surgery is the first choice of rhinosurgeons in some rhinoplasty surgeries because of some of its benefits.
- The benefits of closed nose surgery include:
- Reduce the duration of rhinoplasty
- No incisions in the clomella area
- Low swelling of the tip of the nose and as a result the swelling goes away in a very short time
Suitable candidate for closed nasal surgery
In closed nose surgery, only the appearance of the nose is removed and there are not many changes in the structure of the nose, so people who apply for rhinoplasty in this way should have realistic expectations from the results of this surgery.
The most suitable people for this rhinoplasty are people whose nose bridge is symmetrical and their nose tip is proportionate and their nose defects are generally minor.
The difference between open and closed nose surgery
In general, the first choice of nasal surgeons for nose job in Iran is open nasal surgery. In open nasal surgery, the surgeon has more control over the nose and it is possible to apply complex changes on the nose. Also, due to the complete lifting of the nasal skin from the skeleton under it, the rate of swelling and bruising is higher.
In closed nose surgery, the nasal surgeon has limited access to the nose, especially the tip of the nose. Closed nose surgery is suitable for people who have minor defects in the nose. In this type of rhinoplasty, there is no need for an incision in the nasal clomella area. However, in this surgery, incisions are made in the nasal fins just to shrink the nose and create symmetry in the nasal cavities.
How to prepare before rhinoplasty?
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamin E, or any anti-inflammatory medication for 2 weeks before surgery.
- Avoid smoking for at least two weeks before surgery.
- It is recommended to use sunscreen 30 SPF or higher every day for at least two weeks before surgery to prevent any damage.
- Do not eat anything until 12 hours before surgery.
Recovery process after rhinoplasty:
- As with any procedure, bruising and swelling after nasal surgery are common. The initial swelling may subside after a week or two after surgery, but it may take several months to a year for the overall swelling to subside.
- Nasal tampons help reduce swelling, but it is not possible to breathe through the nose until it comes out.
- Apply an ice pack to your forehead to stop the bleeding.
- If you need to sneeze, sneeze with your mouth open.
- Keep the inside of the nose moist with a nasal spray.
- Do not touch the stitches with your fingers.
- Apply Vaseline and ointment to the sutures inside the nostrils.
- Hold your head up for at least 48 hours after surgery to help reduce the swelling.
- Try to avoid hard foods that require a lot of chewing for at least 2 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activity to prevent bleeding and swelling.
- You should not wear glasses on your nose for at least 6 weeks after surgery.
- The surgeon removes the stitches after 3 days.
Why choose Iran for rhinoplasty?
Iran Beauty Clinics provide quality services and advanced facilities to patients, and patients can benefit from the latest medical and beauty services. Many people from all over the world trust our skilled doctors, and prefer to do their nose job in Iran and at the same time enjoy the many tourist attractions of Iran.
In recent years, Umbilicoplasty or Belly Button surgery in Iran has become one of the most popular types of cosmetic procedures. Iran is one of the best plastic surgery destinations due to the presence of skilled surgeons, well-equipped hospitals and medical centers. These elements make the country one of the most important contenders in the field of health care providers.